Gary Beard and he is still at the same high school over 30 yrs later! He’s the football coach!
Check this out! Peoria High School is the same high school as the one in "The Simpsons!" The cartoonist went to my high school!
2. Who was your FIRST love and do you still talk with him/her?
I fell in love in kindergarten with Johnny Parkhurst, and yes, we talk. Every girl in the class loved him. He’s married to another musician and comes back to Peoria to play at least once a year. About 20 people we graduated with always show up.
3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
Southern Comfort……. Ewwwwwww! Southern Comfort, not so comforting. I cannot drink it nor smell it to this day!
4. What was your FIRST job?
I did some babysitting, but my first job in the real world was at the Fox Theatre as a concession girl. My parents did not want me to work, but I was in love with the ticket-taker. I remember some little twit kid pushed the butter melter off the counter and into the candy. Have I told you how much I despise parents who drop their kids off at movie theatres so they can have a babysitter?
5. What was your FIRST car?
Vega... Green on the outside, tan on the inside. Don’t ask me what I was thinking….
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
My daughter texted me at 12:31 AM. She and her hubby arrived in Banff safe and sound! How jealous am I????
7. Who was the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
My father…… I need to go see him today. (And I did)
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
Mrs. Rassmussen… She gave me a D in conduct. It seems I couldn’t stay in my seat. If I felt the need to talk to someone on the other side of the room apparently I didn’t have any qualms about doing so. I’ve always had antsy pants!
9. When and where did you go on your FIRST plane ride?
Ozark Airlines! I flew to New Orleans from Peoria stand-by. I flew A LOT of places stand-by since I worked for the airline.
10. Who was your FIRST best friend and do you still talk?
Mary Jane, and yes, we still see each other about every other month and talk at least once a month. We’ve been best friends for 50 yrs now and we even have daughters the same age. My best friend, Nikki, and I have been friends since high school. Our mothers even went to high school together.
11. Where was your FIRST sleepover?
My Aunt Cele’s apartment in her Murphy bed! She had color television and it was great.
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
My daughter. I called her when I received her text message at 12:30 AM.
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time?
Jean DeLuca, when I lived in Cleveland. I hated that dress!
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?
Peed…. Then had melon and cottage cheese.
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to?
Mountain! Bradley University 1970!(so much better than Bread!)
16. FIRST tattoo?
17. FIRST piercing?
Ears…. I was 16
18. FIRST foreign country you’ve been to?
Canada. I went to see Niagra Falls.
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Ben-Hur. My Aunt Cele took me and it was in one of those old movie theatres that was amazing inside. I was in awe.
20. FIRST detention you had?
High school… talking, always talking! I hadn’t found my written voice yet, apparently.
21. What was the FIRST state you ever lived in?
By the rivers gently flowing, Illinois, Illinois…..
22. If you had three wishes, what would be the FIRST one?
Idiots who harm children in any way what-so-ever would be automatically zapped into outer space and burned.
23. What is the FIRST thing you would learn if you had the chance?
How to drive a motorcycle.
24. What was the FIRST pet?
Mike and me